Application of self-financed candidates
! ! !
We will shortly publish the link to our new online application portal here. All applications will be received electronically through this new online portal. The portal will be open from March 1st, to March 31st, 2020.
! ! !
The next chance to apply will be between the 1st and 31st March 2020 for the academic year 2020/2021. All applications will be received through our new online portal.
Required documents for application:
- Statement of Purpose
- Two confidential letters of recommendation (by university professors and/or current or former employers)
- Original or certified true copies of academic transcripts and graduation diploma from each university attended
- Certified true copy of secondary education certificate
- Full Curriculum Vitae including information about precise field of study and job experience (should not exceed two pages)
- Proof of good English language proficiency: Applicants whose native language is not English must provide a recent language certificate (TOEFL, IELTS) giving evidence of their level of proficiency in English
- TOEFL: Paper based test: minimum score of 550; Computer based test: minimum score of 213; Internet based test: minimum score of 80 (university code Duisburg-Essen: 1703)
- IELTS: minimum score of 6.0
- Applicants can be exempted from this requirement only if they hold a bachelor’s or higher degree from an English-language college or university. Instead they are required to provide proof that English was the language of instruction and of all examinations of their degree course.
Please note that, depending on German visa requirements for your home country, the German authorities might ask you to show that you have the financial means to sustain yourself during your study period in Germany.
For regular costs of living students should allow for an amount of Euro 750 per month including accommodation, insurance, etc, plus the administrative fee for registration (around 620 € per year) and travel costs to and from Germany.